ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want this car !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: I want this car !! Reply with quote

A friend stopped by, yesterday late afternoon, to show me his new car. We went out in it. I spent some serious time in it and he let me drive it. I want you to believe me on this. The only car that could equal my 2003 Town Car Limited Edition Spring Special, was this car. I am not buying as I need the money to fund my cancer treatments, but if otherwise, I would need to purchase this car. It is a 2010 Buick Lucerne SUPER, with every option. THE best kept car-secret I have ever experienced. Has the Caddy Northstar V-8 and overloads of luxury features, floats like riding on air and corners like a semi-sports car.
I went to http://www.buick.com and priced it out. Not bad. All night last night, I was thinking about that car, as if it was a girl !
He told me it was (is) a 1 year only car, and there will not be a 2011 Lucerne SUPER.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are nice, Sandy. My uncle got rid of his MK....whatever Lincoln for an Onyx Black one.

The only thing I disagree with, and most American manufacturers are notorious for this, when you tout a "halo" car like this, I think everything should be standard. The only choice of options should be sunroof and nav system, or interior finish. If its a special car, part of being special is that you're not paying for anything extra, its all there to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.

Chuck
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightning95sc wrote:
Those are nice, Sandy. My uncle got rid of his MK....whatever Lincoln for an Onyx Black one.

The only thing I disagree with, and most American manufacturers are notorious for this, when you tout a "halo" car like this, I think everything should be standard. The only choice of options should be sunroof and nav system, or interior finish. If its a special car, part of being special is that you're not paying for anything extra, its all there to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.

Chuck

absolute truth

Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The options: MoonRoof; Walnut Shifter; Ash Tray & Lighter; Remote Start; Chromed Wheels; Navagation; Heated & Cooled Seats; Heated, Power, Auto Dimming exterior Dual Mirrors with built-in Directional Signals. X-tra $$$ for some paint colors; Her MSRLP was $43,800.00
There is a rebate - but I do not know how much.

Kentennis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rebate is $3,000.00. There is one at a local dealer. The list price is $46,600.00!! Less the 3 grand and whatever you can negotiate down to. But with a one of a kind, negotiations could be pretty hard.

Think I;ll pass. Too late in the year to buy a 2010. I prefer to buy in Oct-Nov-Dec. And buy new.
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I sold cars (27 years) ~ If my commission on a new car sale was not at least $100 dollars, truth-be-told, I really did nit want the deal ! When you sell a car with, lets say a 3 year warrantee, (some, as you know, are longer) the salesperson "lives" with each customer. Now, I am not against that, as you, the salesman is really their only "link" to satisfaction, and helpfulness. YOU are the only human they know, at that business, so, yes, it's my duty to take care of them, and aim to make them a happy camper. But, on the other hand, if I am selling a 30, 40 or 50 thousand dollar product, and am expected to take good care of the consumer, for a period of 3 years or more, I'd better make at minimum $100. commission from my dealer princple for all the foot-work, time spent, paperwork I am required to do, etc, etc etc.
TODAY manufacturer's have deeply cut the wide open turf between window sticker & INVOICE. Years ago, a car might have a window of $7,500 and Invoice was $5,006.00 Those days are long gone.
Around $1,500 off a top line model, is it.
(Unless the factory has a "spiff" going on - - then THAT comes from the factory and NOT from my pocket.)

Most customers are very decent, but when ya get a stinker, he/she are better left unsold. They will prove to be only trouble, down the road.

Most car/truck sales personal are burned out by age 50 or so. I mean really 9 to 9 4 days a week and 9 to 6 on Saturday and open every holiday, X-cept X-mas, N.Years & Thanksgiving. We were even open 4th of July and Labor Day and the day before Easter.

Remember, you pay the price once, but "live with" the dealership for the length of the warrntee.

The dealership's principle (owner) sets the tone. They can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

It's an interesting business, as the manufacturer is against the dealers, the dealers are against the salespeople and the sales people have not a single friend. The buyer thinks he got raped, the dealers thinks the salesmen are giving the cars away, the consumer thinks the salesman screwed him and the factory ships all the cars FPOR STOCK BEFORE they build & ship the customer SOLD cars. A fun business, for sure! Puke

Kentennis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I like buying under the Ford 'X' plan. No ups can be pitched over and over if I say no. They can tell me something is available but not allowed a hardsell technique. One price, no negotiations. You also get any incentives that are available too, plus a really nice discount. Before tax discount was near 20% on the last 2 we bought. A '04 Ford escape XLT with the No Boundaries package. And my '07 F 150.

Haven't actually traded in a car in a long while. Either sell them at a reasonable (More than a dealer offer), or give them to relatives.

The car business has gotten tougher for salesmen with the internet and all the info available out there.
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
When I sold cars (27 years) ~ If my commission on a new car sale was not at least $100 dollars, truth-be-told, I really did nit want the deal ! When you sell a car with, lets say a 3 year warrantee, (some, as you know, are longer) the salesperson "lives" with each customer. Now, I am not against that, as you, the salesman is really their only "link" to satisfaction, and helpfulness. YOU are the only human they know, at that business, so, yes, it's my duty to take care of them, and aim to make them a happy camper. But, on the other hand, if I am selling a 30, 40 or 50 thousand dollar product, and am expected to take good care of the consumer, for a period of 3 years or more, I'd better make at minimum $100. commission from my dealer princple for all the foot-work, time spent, paperwork I am required to do, etc, etc etc.
TODAY manufacturer's have deeply cut the wide open turf between window sticker & INVOICE. Years ago, a car might have a window of $7,500 and Invoice was $5,006.00 Those days are long gone.
Around $1,500 off a top line model, is it.
(Unless the factory has a "spiff" going on - - then THAT comes from the factory and NOT from my pocket.)

Most customers are very decent, but when ya get a stinker, he/she are better left unsold. They will prove to be only trouble, down the road.

Most car/truck sales personal are burned out by age 50 or so. I mean really 9 to 9 4 days a week and 9 to 6 on Saturday and open every holiday, X-cept X-mas, N.Years & Thanksgiving. We were even open 4th of July and Labor Day and the day before Easter.

Remember, you pay the price once, but "live with" the dealership for the length of the warrntee.

The dealership's principle (owner) sets the tone. They can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

It's an interesting business, as the manufacturer is against the dealers, the dealers are against the salespeople and the sales people have not a single friend. The buyer thinks he got raped, the dealers thinks the salesmen are giving the cars away, the consumer thinks the salesman screwed him and the factory ships all the cars FPOR STOCK BEFORE they build & ship the customer SOLD cars. A fun business, for sure! Puke

Sandy one of your best car dealership summery's ever!!!! You are the man!!! Not Worthy
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, inmy final daze ( Laughing ) of selling vehicles, I will tell you, the internet has been a Godsend!

1. It teaches the consumer, alot.
2. It enabled us, on "the floor" to locate a car for a buyer that will not wait
3. It shows them that the car they figured out, with their choice od options & freight dealer invoices for $43,007.23 - so then they do not come in & offer us on the floor $40,000 !!

Of course there is always the wise @$$ that will do just that.
But, most buyers are decent.

What they fail to understand is that every dealer pays the exact same price for an identical car.
They shop & shop & shop & SHOP & SHOP AND waste their time.

No salesman is gonna let a do-able deal fall thru the cracks in the floor & allow a buyer to walk out. The buyer wastes alot of time and running around, but does not realize it.
I liked used cars, the best !
I sold (new) IPCD (Imperial, Chrysler, Plymouth & Dodge.

The buyer did not need ME. They could order & GET, ANY CAR I could.
But, in used cars, you frequently have the only one.
Such as, I have a 1991 Mustang GT Coupe, in Grey with low miles and a
CD player and only been driven 3,000 miles a year.
Where is my buyer gonna find an equal ? See what I mean?

I'd make more $$$$ on the used car lot, than in the fancy schmancy showroom with the Japanesse plants piped in music, essence spray, and lush carpet.

I made good money with my used car lot, that I opened when I got fired from the ICPD store.
I was in an urban low income minority area. People, (mostly men) needed wheels to get to work. Theie credit was crap. They had judgements, leins, forclosures, allimony payments...yada yada yada,
They had little down stroke (down payment). SOooo, I had a lot full of
working, decent transportation cars. My most expensive was $999.00 "None Higher" No financing, either. Cash 'n Carry away.
No credit check, no payments....

Sold one hell of alot of $500 cars. One day, about 9 months into this, a buyer comes in with a gun. I am looking at the wrong end of the gun.
He demanded a car of his choice, with plates on it (MY DEALER plates) and a registeration.
I complied and called the poilice and packed up the business.

tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandy we have had lots of the Lucernes at work with bad trans and only 30K on the clock. they were not the super. also that caddy engine SUCKS oil leaks oil leaks oil leaks!!!!!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, no Lucerne Super. (I still like it, but I wasn't buying it, anyway, just "Mentally Buying It)" ~ I am sure you are familiar with THAT daydreaming exercise. In truth, I am not buying anything. My wife would implode if I bought another car. You know, I have 6.
She does not kick so much about the cars, as she howels about my monthly storage fees. From April thru October, they are $375 @ month and from November 1 thru March they are $ 550.00 a month.

Heated,securred concrete building, all brick exterior, all concrete interior, hard wired to police & fire, electric overhead door with a remote for each car, concrete floor, dehumidified, audable exteruior alarm, hidden on a little narrow paved road, behind an industrial complex, is
"CAR-CONDO" and it's a mere 4 point 2 miles from my house. It houses 10 cars. I rent 4 spaces in winter, 3 otherwise.

Other "tenants" are a Jag XKE; a Rolls Royce; A Bentley Brooklands; a Tasmin; 2 of my McLarens; my Cadillac, and in the winter, only the Town Car. At home is the McLaren Coupe & my wife's Cherokee LTD.
Son's Mazda 3 GT is foreign, and therefore is not alloted a garage.

shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightning95sc wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Chuck

Lincoln's Mark's were awesome! I loved those cars. My father had 3 of them between 1987-2000 when he traded his last one in on the new LS (another great car Lincoln killed off - Mad )

I agree about the options on luxury cars....
1988 ASC McLaren #688
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentennis wrote:
The rebate is $3,000.00. There is one at a local dealer. The list price is $46,600.00!! Less the 3 grand and whatever you can negotiate down to. But with a one of a kind, negotiations could be pretty hard.

Think I;ll pass. Too late in the year to buy a 2010. I prefer to buy in Oct-Nov-Dec. And buy new.

$46,600.......... for a buick....... think I'll pass too. If I'm shopping in that price range there are a number of other cars I'd be looking at.
1988 ASC McLaren #688
ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents have a 2008 Lucerne, but not the V8 model. Quietest car I've ever ridden in! They have a good 30+K on the car with ZERO problems thus far, save for a bit of damage on the bumper due to my stupid Mercury rolling into the front of it in my old driveway.

The thing has automatic everything... I swear if you sneeze it will wipe your nose. I handles well, runs well, gets 29-30 mpg on the highway, and the tires look to be just about 1/2 worn out.

Great car. Not my cup of tea mind you, but a great car nonetheless.

Now the new Grand Sport.... Very Happy

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: