ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cottonwood trees and verts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Cottonwood trees and verts Reply with quote

Talk about a pain in the ass.....

I can't even crack the windows in my daily driver due to the "snow" thats falling outside........ its everywhere.

park a 'vert outside right now? if so, you must enjoy vacuuming your car out.......

yes, more venting........ Rolling Eyes
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Rainmanoly

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! I used to work for BOC/Linde. I know those Cooling water clogging buggers all to well!

1989 ascMcLaren convertible, 5-speed
(The only Hot Yellow car built in '89)
Kentennis

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we lived in Largo, Fl., we had a pond behind the house. It was full of cattails. We had an inground swimming pool. When the cattails shed their little 'puffs', and they got past the catch basket and into the filter, it was impossible to get the filter clean! Probably the same thing. You have my sympathy!
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Looks like they need to plow in Petersburg
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumkrazy wrote:
Laughing Looks like they need to plow in Petersburg

lol, I don't doubt it. You get too many of those annoying trees in one area and this time of the year you've got a Spring Blizzard!

And speaking of plowing, they next thing to hit coming up in June is the annual emergence of the june bugs/may flys (same thing- thru the years different people were brought up calling them one of the two). Some years are worse than others, but there have been some times in the past that the city of Port Clinton, OH (right on the lake) has had to literally plow them off the roads. You get a few million of those dead (rather large/juicy) carcasses on the roads and they form an oily like mess that actually causes accidents! Shocked
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Kentennis

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well familiar with the Mayflies. We lived on Lake St. Clair and they were horrible for a few weeks avery year. They stunk, they crunched underfoot, and the critters couldn't eat enough to make a dent in them.

Be glad you don't have Love bugs. They have an acid in their bodies that will eat the paint off your car. We get them twice a year, in Floirda. I had to get a Corvette repainted after a Lovebug infestation I drove thru, and couldn't wash the car for several hours, ate the paint up on the front of the car.
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dundee May fly festival. AKA party.

And I will never forget coming back from Cedar Point and driving thru a swarm in the 86 Capri had to stop to scrape the windsheild so as to keep driving. Wipers where no match Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: