ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colonoscopy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Colonoscopy Reply with quote

I know how this was a HOT topic here LOL

Colonoscopy

A guy went into his proctologist's office for his first rectal exam. The nurse, Evelyn (new to the job), took him to an examining room and told him to get undressed and to have a seat until the doctor could see him. She said that the doc would only be a few minutes.

After putting on the gown that she gave him, he sat down. While waiting, he observed that there were three items on a stand next to the exam table:

A Tube of K-Y jelly
A rubber glove
And a beer

When the doctor finally came in he said, "Look Doc, I'm a little confused. This is my first exam.

I know what the K-Y is for
And I know what the glove is for,
But can you tell me what the BEER is for?"
At that Doctor John scrunched up his face in irritation and stormed over to the door

He flung the door open and yelled to his nurse ..

Darn it Evelyn !!!

I said a BUTT LIGHT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good One !!

IF you are over 46 years of age, go get one. Sure, it's a pain in the @$$ but in can/will save your life. That is, unless yya wanna gothru what I am going thru, and lemme tell 'ya, I'd GIVE AWAY (as in for FREE) all 3 of my McLarens, if I could be freed from this. Yes, I was allready in the hospital, this morming !!! For my Disconnect from my Chemo Bottle.
To date? I just past 2,000 hours of chemo! I've actually gotten used to it.
I guess we humans can get used to just about anything.
The one good thing about Chemo, is it make you look younger and grows some hair. Everone I know tells me I never looked so good.
I went out to eat lunch one day alone, as my wife was sick with a miserable cold. I went to a "fancy" diner / lunchenette and had a girl try to pick me up. I just smiled ~ felt good about it. Imagine I am 63 and I asked her how old she though I was....she said 41. She was 46. Good Grief.
Once the body gets used to the Chemo (about a year) it will grow hair on your head and it will come in - in your original color, NOT gray ! Your skin tone will look fabulous and any wrinkles will fade. (I had none, but I watch the other patients. But, the 1st year of Chemo is wicked, wretched, horrid and everything that is bad.Go get a Colonosopy if ya over 46, and then every 3 years, forever......................

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
capri50asc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Colonoscopy YES! Do it ! Reply with quote

Sandy!

I agree with your statement on how IMPORTANT this is to do. Quick story
My love of car started at my fathers car lot back in the early 70's. We had a small body shop in the back and a bodyman /painter named Wes. Wes came down with Colon Cancer.He working for my father for some time and drove a perfect 1972 Camaro Z28. One day I came in and was told Wes had pasted away..............He was only 21 years old! I was shocked and scared
from that day in 1975 until April 23 2009 until I had the GUTS to make the phone call......set an app,........do the prep.........Have my wife drive me to Huron Gastroenterology........Walk in the building......SCARED!!!!!! Have my name called..........I was then given a sleeping agent..........wheeled in..............It was done! Perfect. Please Listen to Sandy!!!! Its a piece of cake. If I had a choice of a root canal or a Colonoscopy. I would pick the Colonoscopy. Plus after you wake up, you will feel great! My fear that I carried for almost 35 years is gone.

DO IT! (Please)

Chris
'86 Mercury Capri 'vert #0082
'86 Mercury Capri 5.0 Liter
'73 Mercury Cougar
86capri62

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree too. I went through all that about 3 weeks ago. It was really easy. I understand your 35 years of fear. I had a colonoscopy 15 years ago, but at that time they did it to me FULLY AWAKE. That was crazy. I would never do it again unsleeping. With the sleeping agent it's really nothing. The worst part is the waiting time because you're anxious. The doc told me it was all nice in there. Like you said now I feel better just knowing it's OK.
77 Ferrari 308 GTB(sold)
90 Ferrari Testarossa(yellow)(sold)
2007 Corvette convertible supercharged(sold)
2005 MB SLK 350
2008 Rotorway helicopter
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your doctor makes all the differance in the world. My 1st Dr. while he actually discovered it - he was a real nasty guy, a real bastard to me. (and) Super Double-Dooper expensive.
I switched Drs and found the sweetest, kindered spirt, full of compassion and like a Father-Figure and charged me 75% less !

I am staying off here, tonite. I got disconected today from my take home chemo of 44 hours and I am okay when on the juice, but afterwards I get dopey and very sleepy....so, if I stay on here 2-nite I might say I would like to sell my McLarens and buy a Honda Civic or something like that.I am hungry - - but cannot eat, or i'll "give it back" Puke - have to wait a few hours, then eat light, like toast and or crackers or chocolate milk. Gotta like re-line the tummy to get ready for onion pizza !!! 2 man down

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Kentennis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine being a proctologist.

Nothing ever looks better after the first patient.

Sorta like a dog sled team. If you aren't the leader, nothing ever changes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: