ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diving in to the Mustang now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mute

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Diving in to the Mustang now. Reply with quote

Guess its official, the T-top turd Mustang has become the current project. Even selling my other (as in no plans for it yet) chopper engine and drive. Got my parts picked out, the plan is in my head and ready to be worked. Its kinda crazy, but the wife is even as excited as she can get about a car that is 23 years old. I still think shes up to something but who knows really, married for 10 years now and the only thing I know for sure is I understand women even less than I used to somehow..

Anywho, bought my floorboards and weld in frame braces. Theres a guy in Minnesota that does custom interior that I think Im going to go with. In part because he is willing to do a little bartering for the flo fit seats in the car and it doesnt bother me a bit to go back to stock. Would rather have a fast car than one that feels fast if that makes sense. The plast ic pieces of interior are all over CL and ebay so those bits will be easy enough to get hold of.

Have not quite made up my mind on wether I will go with stock GT ground effects or a stalker kit that is 440 shipped on ebay that will for definate need to much work to fit right... (im a glutton for punishment).

Color- Gotta have the obligatory black on the top half (agghh, half means 2 tone) so Im thinking a wineberry red w/ sparkle (late 90's ninjas) on effects or some sort of burnt or aztec orange. guess it depends if I want an oversized hot wheels car or something that blend in a bit better.

So why body before power? LOL, lessen learned a few times over. If its fast as hell before it looks good, I aint as worried about how I treat it.

Well Im rambling trying to wind down from work so I think Im gonna go peruse the adds all over..
03Mach1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exciting! Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with it and post pics on the progress.
'88 ASC/McLaren #542 white/gray/black 20,000 miles trailer queen
'03 Mach 1 torch red 7,500 miles trailer queen-sold
'06 King Ranch F150 white over gold/saddle 34,000 miles-mustang hauler
mute

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeewww! Rockers suck. Guess Ill be swapping them first.. gotta fab some braces for the door first. Pics will show up before to long..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: