ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cruisin in The Restored 86 In St Louis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beakyboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Cruisin in The Restored 86 In St Louis Reply with quote

Finally we got my vert on the road with my niece's husband who did the complete restoratation of my 15700 mile 86 black and gold vert. Goll we went cruisin down all the good places in St louis- DREW'S LINDBERG RD ECT and almost caused numerous accidents cause we kept on getting chased - What is that wow is that a neat car ect. The car does honestly look better than new. There are craftsman in SL guy who put on top is 72 yrs old.
We were able to keep original paint ,spoilers, stripes put new top on and buffed out all the covers on head and tailights . Did complete engine detox and detail with disquised K&n. Bufffed and cleaned wheels and put new BFG radials on it.
He lives on private road so we timed a 0 to 60 at 6.2 with a stop watch.My 2010 sho did a 5.3 so it was pretty accurate. All I know is he put 50 more ponies in that engine some how. It layed rubber in 2nd gear .
We are going to take it from 90 to 95 points .Found an embroider-sic to redo the original mats and are going to completly dress the engine compartment so that it will win some car shows this and next yr. I will put pictures up as soon as I figure out how . Thank you for all who help and encouraged . a VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO SANDY for the long phone call and telling me to keep the car in 1989.
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds Like a Great drive, and long over due
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice words. Truth be told though, I've been put under and out in the hospital so many many times, I have NO recall of ever speaking with you on the phone. I do not recognize BeakyBoy.

You stated that you got a new top on the car. Is it a OEM or something else? I hope it's a OEM, because I have heard some sad stories about the "Old Mother Hubbard's" brandS !!

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
beakyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SANDY It is OEM . Giving the old top and emblem to another member who is going to dye and repair it . I called you in April and you advised me not to do anything to body but ok to do small bolt in suspension mods. My car is # 165 86 Black vert with all options except recaros - 5speed black tan top
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. It comes back to me, now. A little FuZzY around the corners, here & there.

Personally customizing, altering or similar, would possibly really appeal to some person....somewhere. When it comes to the time to NEED or WANT to sell the car, you'd have to FIND that one person within a circle od 100 miles. That's tough. Things that can be reversed (within a reasonable amount of money) are okay.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: